Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Smiting Giant's

A Tale of Taumorianus a Level 72 Hunter making his way through the forests of Azeroth.


I was riding around Arathi Basin with a Paladin friend of mine. Never have you met two totally different kinds of people. I am a hunter. I dwell in the forests and open spaces judging people on their merits. I have even been known to help the Horde on occasion if they seem to be decent folks.

My Paladin friend is entirely different. Some may say he is blinded by the light of his cause. He tends to judge first based on the biases of his devotion to the light instead of the actual deeds of the people he meets. His tactics tend to involve charging into battle and calling down the power of the light upon his enemies.

As we were riding and my bear companion was galloping beside us we came upon a giant with three small rodent friends. He was enormous and I knew he could destroy us with a few swipes of his mighty hands. I quickly held my friend back from charging and formulated a plan to take down this mighty creature.

I decide our best tactic would be to remove his friends first and then tackle the giant. I quickly distract the trailing ratman and waited until his friends were out of sight before charging in and killing him.

The tactic worked so well I decided to try it again. However I gain the attention of both of his remaining companions. The battle is not as easy as the first one. We all end up a little battered but luckily the dim witted giant has not noticed his friends are missing.

I need to devise a strategy to take down this giant because if we try to take him on directly it will not end well for us. I decide to use the magic of the cheetah and increase my speed to that of the beast. I begin pounding the giant with all of my shots and he finally turns around and starts to chase me.

I run as fast as I can away from him fully consumed by the speed of the spirit of the cheetah. I look back and see him closing thinking to myself "Oh fuck he is fast!!!". My valiant bear and the stoic Paladin start pounding at his back. He then turns around to fight them and I nail him as hard as I can using a mix of my normal arrows and arcane ones. He starts chasing me again which gives the Paladin a chance to call on the healing warmth of the light and keep pounding on the giants back. I am laughing my ass off at this giant chasing me and yet not being able to catch up to me. He finally dies to a blast of the paladin's sword.

It felt good to rid the Arathi Basin of these monsters. The giant was much more powerful than our group but the good tactics of a Hunter are hard to beat especially when backed by such good friends.

No comments: